Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Next Round

The decision has been made. I will be going in on Tuesday morning for a full hysterectomy. Why the full thing? Well, my tumors have put me at an increased risk for ovarian cancer, and the estrogen that the ovaries produce is now dangerous to my body. Also, the medication that I will soon start will put me at an increased risk for getting endometrial and uterine cancers. Finally, because I have a history of abnormal paps, I am at ... you guessed it ... an increased risk of developing cervical cancer.

So, soon I will have no ovaries, no uterus and no cervix. I will have at least three new scars to add to my collection, which I never wanted to start in the first place. I'll also be in menopause. Watch out!

The laparoscopic surgery is scheduled for 10:30. Scott will post an update as soon as he is able. Please pray for a successful surgery, that they do not find any more cancer, and for me to have strength. I'm doing pretty well with all of the prayers that you have been offering, so far, but a few directed ones couldn't hurt.

On a lighter note, I feel that it is very important to go into procedures such as these with a good attitude and a cheerful, hopeful spirit. That's why I wore this shirt to my mastectomy.
"This Is My Cancer Fighting Shirt."

To psych myself up for another round of injections and sutures and swelling, I wore this shirt today.

It says: "Yes they are fake! My real ones tried to kill me!"

I hope it brings you as much joy as it does me.

Oh, also. Check this out. I can almost reach straight up, now.

Pretty awesome, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment